Outside General Counsel
Fuerst Ittleman David & Joseph serves as outside general counsel to many of its clients, affording such clients the benefits of an “on-call” attorney with a mutually beneficial fee structure, without the expensive overhead of an in-house attorney.
There comes a time when every business, from the start-up to the large privately-held entity, needs the guidance and counsel of an experienced attorney and the legal expertise necessary to accomplish multidisciplinary transactional work and complex litigation. Yet, many businesses either overlook the importance of having an experienced attorney “on call” or spend significant sums of money on in-house attorneys (including the associated overhead of research materials and support staff), who simply lack the experience necessary to handle all of the businesses’ legal needs.
Fuerst Ittleman David and Joseph possesses the legal experience necessary to serve as outside general counsel in areas including, but not limited to:
- Corporate formation, including the drafting of corporate documents (e.g. operating agreements, shareholder agreements, shareholder resolutions, consts, etc.)
- Corporate governance matters, including compliance with state governance laws (e.g. meeting requirements, notice requirements, voting requirements, fiduciary duties, etc.)
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Preparation, review, and negotiation of contracts with customers, partners, vendors, landlords, tenants, etc.
- Employment matters, including counseling on discriminatory practices, hiring/firing issues, wage and hour issues, employment contracts, non-compete agreements, and general compliance with all appropriate state and federal regulations
- State and federal compliance for the appropriate industry (e.g. counseling skilled nursing facilities on compliance with state and federal regulations concerning patient care, Conditions of Participation, Conditions of Coverage, STARK Law, Anti-Kickback compliance, HIPAA compliance, deficiency citations, civil monetary penalty appeals, etc.)
- Day-to-day legal advice and counseling on general and industry-specific matters, with particular expertise in health care, physician medical practices, customs brokers, money services businesses, and other high-regulated businesses
- Commercial and civil litigation
Fuerst Ittleman David and Joseph works with each client to develop a suitable fee structure, which makes the relationship both advantageous and cost effective. When our firm serves as outside general counsel, its clients receive the benefit of a full-service law firm, minus the costs associated with bringing the vast array of legal experience and knowledge in-house. In addition, some fee structures remove the “billable hour” from the equation, thereby permitting clients to pursue their reasonable legal objectives without the worry of unexpected legal invoices.
Let Fuerst Ittleman David and Joseph show you how it can help your business. For more information, call 305-350-5690 or email