Mr. Joseph approaches every case with a goal of aggressive resolution. Mr. Joseph appreciates that every dispute arises from a unique set of facts, and that every client has a different set of goals to be realized from the resolution of the dispute. After reviewing the factual and legal issues surrounding the dispute, a customized, case-specific strategy is designed and implemented with the singular purpose of maximizing the client’s desired goals through the most efficient means available. Recognizing that every business is unique and different, Mr. Joseph takes the time to familiarize himself with not only the area of practice, but the intricacies of the business’s day-to-day operations which may ultimately impact the ultimate and desired resolution. During every phase of the dispute resolution process, the lines of communication between Mr. Joseph and his clients are open, and the clients are strongly urged to avail themselves of the lines of communication.
Throughout his professional career, Mr. Joseph has secured several multimillion dollar judgments and settlements. Mr. Joseph has handled claims through trial and appeal in both Federal and State courts, and is equally comfortable trying cases before Arbitral Panels. Mr. Joseph been recognized by his peers in various different publications as one of the best lawyers in his community, and has achieved an “AV” rating by Martindale-Hubbell.
When not engaged in the practice of litigation, Mr. Joseph has lectured clients on risk management, and strives to ensure that his clients are well versed on recent trends in their respective fields.
Mr. Joseph’s interests outside of law surround family. Mr. Joseph serves as a member of the Board of Directors for Family Central, Inc., an organization that serves children and families throughout South Florida. Mr. Joseph also volunteers his time to several other charitable organizations. Last and certainly not least, Mr. Joseph saves the rest, and best, of his time to be with his wife and children.
Mr. Joseph was born in New Orleans, Louisiana and is admitted to practice before the courts in Florida, Washington, D.C., and Colorado. He received his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with High Honors in 1988 from the University of Florida, and his Juris Doctor from the George Washington University National Law Center in 1991.
- George Washington University National Law Center,Washington, District of Columbia, J.D.
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, B.S. Business Administration, High Honors
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Dade County Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Sections of Trial Lawyers and Business Law
- District Columbia Bar Association
- State of Colorado Bar
- Anti-Defamation League, Glass Leadership Institute
- Phi Delta Phi
- Tau Epsilon Phi
Publications and Blogs
- Presenter, “The Production of a Jury Trial,” July 19-22, 2015, Victor, Idaho, National Real Estate Brokers’ Conference
- Presenter, “How to Avoid the Likes of Me (But Until Then Thank You for Your Screw Ups),” October 30, 2013, Miami, Florida, National Real Estate Brokers’ Conference
- Co-Author, “Bargaining for Certainty in the Uncertain World of International Dispute Resolution,” South Florida Legal Guide, October 19, 2015
- Co-Author, “Trans-Jurisdictional Transactions, Part 1 of 3,” Corporate Counselor, October 2015
- Author, “Inside Counsel Should Consider Revisiting Arbitration Clauses,” Inside Counsel, September 8, 2014
- Author, “Inside Counsel Should Consider Revisiting Arbitration Clauses – Recent State Court Cases That Have Gone Against Corporate America Should Not Be Dismissed as Outliner Decisions”, Inside Counsel Magazine, September 8, 2014. Inside Counsel http://www.insidecounsel.com/2014/09/08/inside-counsel-should-consider-revisiting-arbitrat
- Authored, “Jury Still Out On Scope of Arbitration Clauses”, Daily Business Review, September 5, 2014. Daily Business Review http://www.dailybusinessreview.com/id=1202669094396