Mr. Kornhauser has successfully handled cases through jury verdict throughout the state of Florida. Mr. Kornhauser also focuses a large portion of his practice serving as outside counsel to skilled nursing facilities throughout Florida, handling employment-related matters, nursing home acquisitions, contract negotiations, government survey and audit support, and deficiency citation appeals before the Florida Department of Administrative Hearings and Health and Human Services, Departmental Appeals Board. In addition, Mr. Kornhauser counsels his health care clients (and has lectured) on regulatory compliance issues including Physician Self-Referral laws (a/k/a “Stark Laws”), Anti-Kickback laws, and HIPAA, and also advises such clients on state and federal health care regulations.
Mr. Kornhauser was born in New Jersey and was raised in South Florida. He attended the University of Central Florida in Orlando, Florida where he graduated with a bachelor’s degree in General Business (and a minor in Legal Studies). Mr. Kornhauser graduated from Stetson University College of Law in 2006 and has since been recognized by Florida Super Lawyers Magazine as a “Top Young Lawyer” in Florida.
- Stetson University College of Law Gulfport, Florida J.D.
- University of Central Florida Orlando, Florida B.A., General Business (with a Minor in Legal Studies)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court – Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida