United States foreign policy is highly complex, yet directly affects your business and its goods and services. Nowhere is that concept better seen than in the area of sanctions programs.
U.S. economic sanctions and trade embargoes involving foreign countries and targeted persons are managed by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), an agency within the U.S. Department of Treasury. OFAC regulates these sanctions programs and enforces those regulations against U.S. persons and companies. The sanctions typically involve a highly complex set of regulations governing the behavior of U.S. persons and companies, and feature an ever-changing list of persons, businesses, addresses, and even countries with which trade activities are either greatly curtailed or outright banned.
The experienced international trade attorneys at Fuerst Ittleman David & Joseph can provide you with sound legal advice regarding licensing, screening for denied parties, strategies to avoid trans-shipments issues, and enforcement assistance so that you and your company stay on the right side of the law when it comes to sanctions programs.
We can help your company:
- Identify prohibited transactions involving sanction and embargoed countries as well as denied parties
- Obtain proper export and import licensing
- Defend against OFAC investigations and enforcement actions
- Unblock funds or assets that have been frozen by
- Develop compliance programs, conduct risk assessments, and audit OFAC compliance activities
- Prepare voluntary self-disclosure filings with OFAC to avoid enforcement actions
Let the professionals and international trade specialist attorneys at Fuerst Ittleman David & Joseph make sure that OFAC sanctions programs don’t become a thorn in the side of your business.