Jeffrey Molinaro, Esq., is a partner with Fuerst Ittleman David & Joseph and chairs the firm’s appellate practice group. In addition to his appellate practice, Mr. Molinaro also practices in the areas of Civil and Commercial Litigation, Government Agency Litigation, and Anti-Money Laundering Regulatory Compliance. He originally joined Fuerst Ittleman David & Joseph as a law clerk in 2008.
During his time with Fuerst Ittleman David & Joseph, Mr. Molinaro has engaged in comprehensive and extensive appellate practice. Mr. Molinaro has litigated numerous appellate cases on a wide range of matters including administrative law, constitutional law, civil and criminal procedure, commercial litigation, business torts, commercial evictions, nursing home negligence, and personal injury in multiple U.S. Courts of Appeals and Florida District Courts of Appeal. Mr. Molinaro has also briefed numerous petitions for writ of certiorari to the U.S. Supreme Court. Mr. Molinaro has argued cases before the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Second, Third, and Eleventh Circuits as well as the Florida Third District Court of Appeal.
Within the areas of civil and commercial litigation, Mr. Molinaro has represented clients in multiple areas. Mr. Molinaro has represented his commercial and business clients in the prosecution and defense of a variety of claims including breach of contract, unjust enrichment, breach of fiduciary duties, fraud, tortious interference, and violations of the Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act (“FDUTPA”). Mr. Molinaro has also represented clients in an assortment of real estate disputes and probate litigation.
In addition, Mr. Molinaro has effectively represented clients in litigation and appellate practice against several federal and state agencies including the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the Federal Trade Commission, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration, the Florida Office of Financial Regulation, and the Consumer Protection Division of the Florida Office of Attorney General.
Within the area of Anti-Money Laundering, Mr. Molinaro has drafted legal opinions regarding Bank Secrecy Act/FinCEN regulatory compliance, compliance with various state department of banking and financial institutions regulatory regimes, and OFAC sanctions program compliance for a variety of money services businesses including money transmitters, currency dealers, currency exchanges, prepaid access providers, payday lenders, and merchant payment processors. He has assisted in the negotiation of consent orders and settlement agreements with FinCEN and state departments of banking and financial institutions regarding money services businesses licensing issues and BSA compliance. Mr. Molinaro has also researched and analyzed provisions of the Bank Secrecy Act, FinCEN Administrative Rulings and applicable regulations of 31 C.F.R. Chapter X, and various state financial regulations for responses to federal and state regulatory and law enforcement inquires.
Mr. Molinaro was born in Staten Island, New York and was raised in South Florida. He attended Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, Florida where he graduated magna cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in Political Science and Criminal Justice in 2003. In 2010, Mr. Molinaro graduated magna cum laude and ranked third in his class from the Florida International University College of Law in Miami, Florida. While in law school Mr. Molinaro had the privilege of working as a research assistant to Prof. Thomas Baker where he focused his research on Constitutional Law, Supreme Court Jurisprudence, and Federal Appellate Practice.
Outside the office, Mr. Molinaro is a board member of the FIU College of Law Alumni Association and the Broward Chapter of the FIU Alumni Association. Since 2001, Mr. Molinaro has also volunteered his time as a high school football coach.
- Florida International University College of Law Miami, Florida J.D., magna cum laude
- Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida B.A., magna cum laude
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Tax Court
- Florida International University College of Law Alumni Association
- Florida International University Alumni Association, Broward Chapter
- Federalist Society
- Broward Bar Association
- B&D Nutritional Ingredients, Inc. v. Uniquie Bio Ingredients, LLC, — F.App’x –, 2018 WL 6719403 (11th Cir. December 19, 2018)
- John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, Inc. v. Urban Philanthropies, Inc., 248 So.3d 233 (Fla. 3d DCA 2018)
- Merk Funds, LLC v. Torres, 246 So.3d 341 (Fla. 3d DCA 2018)
- Siegel v. Cross Senior Care, Inc., 239 So.3d 738 (Fla. 3d DCA 2018)
- Building B1, LLC v. Component Repair Services, Inc., 224 So.3d 785 (Fla. 3d DCA 2017)
- Gillette v. Prosper, 858 F.3d 833 (3d Cir. 2017)
- Federal Trade Commission v. Rensin, 687 F.App’x 3 (2d Cir. 2017)
- United States v. Fredericks, 684 F.App’x 149 (3d Cir. 2017)
- United States v. Willis, 844 F.3d 155 (3d Cir. 2016)
- Hom v. United States, 657 F.App’x 652 (9th Cir. 2016)
- Gov’t of the Virgin Islands v. Mills, 821 F.3d 448 (3d Cir. 2016)
- United States v. Moore, 628 F.App’x 736 (11th Cir. 2016)
- 1351 Golden, LLC v. Agency for Healthcare Administration, 203 So.3d 164 (Fla. 1st DCA 2016)
- IFundBusiness.com v. Target Healthcare, Inc., 197 So.3d 52 (Fla. 3d DCA 2016)
- United States v. Gibson, 615 F.App’x. 619 (11th Cir. 2015)
- Fisher v. Sec., Fla. Dept. of Corrs., — F.App’x. –, 2015 WL 3875689 (11th Cir. 2015)
- Stoddard v. Sec., Dept. of Corrs., 600 F.App’x. 696 (11th Cir. 2015)
- Cross Terrace Rehab., Inc. v. Kampas, 178 So.3d 407 (Fla. 2d DCA 2015)
- Floyd v. City of New York, 770 F.3d 1051 (2d Cir. 2014)
- Winthrop-Redin v. United States, 767 F.3d 1210 (11th Cir. 2014)
- Hill v. Sec., Fla. Dept. of Corrs., 578 F.App’x. 805 (11th Cir. 2014)
- United States v. Territory of the Virgin Islands, 748 F.3d 514 (3d Cir. 2014)
- Gillette v. Territory of the Virgin Islands, 563 F.App’x. 191 (3d Cir. 2014)